top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

  • May I bring a cell phone to Court?
    You may bring a cell phone to the courtroom; however, it must be turned off.
  • What is the appropriate dress for serving jury duty?
    There are no set rules about dress in court. Business casual is a good dress directive. You should be comfortable. Please avoid shorts, halter tops, inappropriate T-shirts and muscle shirts. Please remember that you are going to a place of respect, dress accordingly.
  • How did my name get chosen?
    The Craighead County Judges have chosen to use the enhanced jury list. The Circuit Clerk downloads a master list from the State Jury Program. This list includes Registered voters, Driver’s License and state issued ID cards. This process is done at a random pull of the entire database. This process happens for each Jury term.
  • Will I be provided lunch?
    No. You will be allowed to go to lunch on your own during lunch break. The timing of lunch and other breaks will be determined by the Judge.
  • Am I required to speak to the attorney’s/reporters after the case is concluded?
    No. You are not required to speak to anyone after the case if contacted to do so. It is simply your choice.
  • Is there an age limit to serve as juror?
    In the State of Arkansas anyone over the age of 80 can excuse themselves from jury duty, you must be at least 18 years of age or older to serve on a jury in Arkansas.
  • What is the temperature of the courtroom?
    Most Judges will keep their courtroom cold, so please bring a jacket or sweater.
  • I received a jury summons, but I no longer live in Craighead County, what should I do?
    Please send us a copy of your Drivers License or something that has your name and new address on it such as a utility bill. You can send this by mail or email.
  • I lost my Jury summons. How can I get another one?
    Call or email a request and we can mail you another one, or you can pick one up at our office during regular business hours.
  • I received a jury summons, and I want to be excused. How can I be excused.
    Only the judge can excuse you for any reason other than age. Please fill out the summons and attach your reason for requesting to be excused along with any documentation that you may have. (Dr. Letter, travel documentation, ect...) We can forward this to the Circuit Judge and they will make a determination. This process may take several days. You may request to defer your jury obligation to a future term.
  • What is the contact information for District Court?
    (870) 933-4581
  • Where do I pay Fines and Restitution?
    Fines and restitution imposed in Circuit Court are paid at the Sheriffs Office. For more information call (870) 933-4551 or visit and click the pay online icon. Fines and restitution ordered by District Court are handled by District Court at (870) 933-4581.
  • Are Juvenile Records available online?
    NO, all juvenile records are confidential.
  • Where can I get a list of foreclosure sales?
    All foreclosure sales are posted on the bulletin board outside of the Circuit Clerk’s Office. Judicial Foreclosure information will be posted on the Circuit Clerk’s Website. The Circuit Clerk does not keep a list of non-judicial foreclosures in our office, you may see this information posted outside of the Circuit Clerk’s Office.
  • What do I need to know to bid on a Judicial Foreclosure sale?
    Terms of Judicial sales are 10% down, non-refundable, with balance payable to the commissioner, plus interest, within 90 days of sale. Bidders must present a letter of credit on Financial Institution Letterhead prior to start of sale.ORother terms posted in notice of sale. The Circuit Clerk’s Office does not perform land record searches. Bidders may search independently for property history or hire an abstract company to perform the search for them. If the physical address is not listed in the sale notice, bidders may independently search for this information.
  • Does the Circuit Clerk’s Office have blank forms (Divorce, Name Change, Criminal Eviction – unlawful detainer...etc.)?
    No, we do not provide legal forms. You may contact an attorney, title company, or visit to access these types of forms.
  • Where do I file my Notary information?
    Notary information is filed in the Recorder’s Office.. For more information on becoming a Notary Public, see the Arkansas Secretary of State web site.
  • Where can I get a copy of my Marriage License?
    These are located in the County Clerks Office, (870) 933-4520.
  • Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
    You can get a copy of your Birth Certificate at the Craighead County Health Department or Bureau of Vital Records in Little Rock. For Birth Certificates for any other state, contact the Bureau of vital records for that state.
bottom of page